Saturday, November 24, 2012

A Trip to Thailand


Recently I got to spend a few days in Chiang Mai, Thailand, at an EARCOS (East Asia Regional Council of Schools) conference.


What an interesting country!


I was there to present a workshop about  publishing, based on my experiences publishing my own books in Kindle and paperback formats. 


In the evenings and on the last day after the conference was over, I used every spare moment to explore Chiang Mai and do all the touristy activities I could. 


My coworkers and I visited nearby "walking streets" several times. 



Much more touristy than the night markets where I live in Taiwan, these walking streets sold not only food and clothes but souvenirs of all sorts.



The gorgeous artwork below was cut from and painted on pieces of cow and buffalo hide!


These delicate flowers were carved from soap!


Aluminum cans find new life in these little model vehicles.


This is one of the real vehicles the models are based on.  A "tuk tuk" is a tiny taxi with open sides and seating for two passengers (three in a pinch - but don't expect a comfy ride!).


The view from the back seat of the tuk tuk.


Words of wisdom from and about the driver.  How nice to know he's a good man!


My favorite part of the trip was a tour package I enjoyed on my last afternoon there.  Click on the links below to read my posts about three exciting experiences (okay, two exciting ones and one beautiful one)!




No comments: