Sunday, June 10, 2012

And the Winner Is...

Thank you to all those who entered the contest to win a free copy of the ebook In the Enemy's Service, sequel to Prince of Alasia.  One winner was randomly drawn last night: Sharon Wisner!  Congratulations, Sharon; you'll be receiving your prize shortly.

In the meantime, several people chose the option to ask a question of one of the characters in the story.  As promised, here are their questions and the characters' answers:


Jane: Hey Regent Rampus, was power worth killing all those poor innocent people?

Rampus: Need you even ask?  The attainment of power is always worth practically any price!  And those people weren't innocent - they were in my way.  That in itself is a crime punishable by death.


Bonnie-Jeanne (To Jaymin & Erik) : What did you enjoy at the school you attended for awhile, if anything?

Jaymin: I enjoyed being around other children.  Growing up in the palace, I had seldom had that opportunity.  I wish I could have gotten to know my classmates better; talked to them, joined in their games, made some new friends.  But I was afraid that if I tried, someone would find out who I was.  Still, it was interesting watching their interactions and seeing firsthand how ordinary children act when they're not trying to be on their best behavior before royalty.

Erik: I enjoyed the fact that Hilltop School was, for the most part, a safe haven.  It was always a challenge getting there without being seen by the Malornians, but once we were inside the gate, we could blend in with other students and not worry about Jaymin being caught and identified.  Until the day when the soldiers actually came to search the school, of course.


John: Why did what's his name not drink wine at the banquet the night before the castle was attacked?

Sir Edmend: I assume you're referring to me.  The older I get, the less I enjoy strong drink - it just isn't worth the way I feel the next morning.  And since the banquet that night was in my honor, I knew that every eye in the banquet hall was on me much of the time, sitting up there with the royal family.  I wanted to be seen as an example of temperance and self control, especially to the young prince I was seated beside.  As it turned out, not drinking that evening was one of the best decisions of my life.


No comments: